What Skills do I Need to be a Brand Manager?
From bridging the gap between strategy and creativity, to conducting market research, a brand manager is responsible for the overall image of a specific brand. They not only research trends in the marketplace to determine where a product fits in, they also manage, develop, and execute marketing activities to maximize sales. Brand manager s oversee how a brand can appear to a wider consumer base. They work closely with various teams including product developers, researchers, marketing, and creative agencies. Brand manager s serve as the champion and owner of the brand that they manage. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop P&L and drive market growth
- Analyze brand performance, brand competitiveness, and brand trends in the marketplace
- Develop and refine strategies based on research and analysis
- Identify and implement strategies to improve product sales and market share
- Strong writing skills in both long and short form to convey brand messaging
- Lead marketing campaigns, liaise with legal and compliance personnel, ensure design and message meet company brand and regulatory guidelines
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions through managing the consumer insights groups or third party market research firms
- Measure and report performance on all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals to determine ROI
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and issues
- Establish brand guidelines and ensure brand continuity is followed at every touchpoint
Our recruiters have over 100 years of combined experience in placing top talent into marketing and advertising positions. We have placed talented candidates in brand manager positions in retail, e-commerce, public relations, and media sales industries. We use our own real world experience to help you find a position as a marketing director that you will thrive in. Melinda Holm & Associates want to find a company that fits your needs and gives you an opportunity where you will succeed in your career goals.
If you’re looking for a brand manager position, click here to view our job opportunities. Or you can fill out the form and let us know how we can help you. We aren’t able to post all active jobs due to client confidentiality. If you don’t see the job opportunity you’re looking for, we encourage you to register with us anyway. By registering, we are able to contact you for future marketing and advertising positions.